Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fabulous 2nd Hand Finds!

We went to a flea market on Sunday morning (post-pancakes) with my parents and we found all sorts of cool stuff.   We found 2 vintage (mid-60's), matching Easter baskets for Urban Cowbaby and UCB2 - only $5 total!  Apparently, the grandma had been saving the baskets all these years with the intent the grandkids would take them but now the grandkids are grown and not interested.  Their loss, my family's gain.  A total bonus find was a toddler-sized table/chairs set in excellent condition - originally priced at $25 but I asked if she would take $20 for it and she said yes!  I've been looking for a little table/chairs set for some time but kept finding either cheap/crap ones or super expensive ones.  This set is perfect because it's sturdy, it's clean, and it came with both chairs (another problem I was having)!  (see pic below...) What's more?  Well, my mom was so excited we found it that she volunteered to buy it for us and so we got it as a gift (plus a few other toys to keep at her house)!  I think the lady selling the table was happy it was going to another family because her young son was with her and he was clearly too old for it and both mom and son seemed a bit nostalgic over it.  Cute, right.  Then my mom surprised me with my old bath ducks that I used to absolutely love and couldn't take a bath without!  She found them when cleaning out a closet and cleaned them up to pass on to Urban Cowbaby & UCB2.  Love it!  Ok, so I'm going a little crazy here with my list but I still have more to tell you about...I also bought some very classic and clearly vintage (late 50's - mid-70's) Golden Book's for our children's book collection.  They were selling 6/$1 so I bought the 6 best condition books they had.  Urban Cowbaby adores books!  He is always asking to be read to and we're always trying to make sure there are a variety of books to read.  It's nice to know the stuff we bought isn't going into a landfill and that we'll get a lot of good use out of each item.  It's also nice to know we didn't have to spend a fortune to acquire any of the items we purchased.  Truly, fabulous finds at the flea market this time!  Yea!
Urban Cowbaby, with his new "camera" face, enjoying a raisin snack at his new table...
Our new table/chairs, vintage Easter baskets, and my old bath ducks...
My old bath ducks-there is actually a blue one, too, but Urban Cowbaby ran off with it...

No comments: