Monday, January 05, 2009

2008 - the Highlights








Whoa! I have been very neglectful of my blog lately. What can I say? We're busy people!

2009 is here! Of course, you would have to be living under a rock to not know that, right. 2008 was a very happy year and much quieter than 2007 - thank goodness!
My favorite moments/memories of 2008:
- my birthday! It was one of the best ever because of my awesome family and kick-ass friends. Oh, and the bottomless glass of yummy champagne was a total celebration bonus, too!
- my new porch table! The end product, after I completed refinishing it, was exactly what I had hoped for
- our 1 year wedding anniversary! Urban Cowboy planned the perfect weekend "away" in our local wine country. The sun shone beautifully on the lake and we spent the weekend adoring one another.
- my garden mid-summer! It really came together this year and I had tons of flowers blooming and the bushes were all so trim and looking great! It was such a treat to come home to each day and to enjoy while eating dinner outside on the back porch.
- our 2nd trip to Napa Valley! The wine was phenomenal, the weather unbeatable, the company perfect (I do love to hang out with Urban Cowboy), the food outstanding, and the landscape breathtaking. Our one day in San Francisco was a wonderful experience, too!
- we're pregnant! Little did we know at the time, but our newest family member was with us as we returned from our Napa Valley trip. We were excitedly shocked to learn, in October, that we are pregnant! Telling our parents was a blast - they loved the way we shared the news - and sharing the news with our siblings and good friends has been equally fun. We have lots of dreams for our little one and pray for its safe and easy arrival into the world!
2009 is going to be an adventure! Cheers and Happy New Year!





































No comments: