Friday, December 05, 2008

Christmas Tree Anxiety

Sometimes I am a complete idiot. Example: Urban Cowboy and I are hosting my parents 25th Wedding Anniversary party at our house this weekend. This, in itself, creates its own and lengthy to-do list. Last weekend, Urban Cowboy and I excitedly got the Christmas tree out of storage and eagerly assembled it. I then proceeded to put the lights on it and exactly 2 ornaments. What have I done with it since then? Nothing. That's right, for the past 4 days I have just ignored it and navigated the obstacle course created by all the boxes of ornaments and paraphernalia. The party is tomorrow and one room in my house is a complete disaster. Eegats! So, I'm going home from work early today (planned long before the tree mess) and instead of doing lots of party-related things that would have made my life so much more relaxed and easier for tomorrow, I am spending my time decorating the tree. Ugh. Last year, the first thing my mom said when she saw our decorated tree? "You didn't put all your ornaments on it." Yep. Not, "oh, it's pretty honey - looks like you couldn't fit all your ornaments on it" or just plain, "your tree looks so nice". Nope. She went straight to the killer line. You can see where I'm going with this, right? Knowing she and her friends will be at my house for an entire evening is creating a bit of Christmas tree anxiety because I've begun to worry they'll all think it poorly done. ARGH - the pressure! Anyway, off I go to decorate...wish me luck...

No comments: