Monday, November 13, 2006

The Pee & Poo of it All



I was having a happy work day - helping students, reviewing resumes, working on our website development project - when a middle-age alum stopped in to discuss his resume and job search. He was not most hygenic individual I've ever worked with and he did not keep his appearance very tidy either. Well, when we were finished discussing his resume he got up to leave and we both realized he left something on the seat ... a long, brown, SKID MARK! He was obviously embarassed and attempted to clean it with a paper towel I provided for him but it wouldn't budge! It was absolutely disgusting! Ew, ew, ew, ew!

I wonder why this happens to me?

This is the second time in my professional life (thus far) I have been required to deal with a situation similar to this. Several years ago I was proctoring an ACT exam and we were sponsoring some "Talent Search" students which means they were in junior high or late elementary school. A young lady, about 12 or 13 years old, was taking the exam and peed in her seat! The other students had to take the remainder of their test while trying to ignore the fact she smelled like urine. It was awful and I felt so bad for everyone, especially the girl because she was completely mortified. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

No comments: