A modern woman uses this space to share some of her thoughts and life experiences with the world.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
Urban Cowbaby Update
Urban Cowbaby will be 10 months old on April 20. Yes, I said 10 months! It's nearly impossible to believe so much time has gone by from when she joined us in the outside world. Already, even though she's still so little, I'm beginning to get a bit nostalgic for her tiny baby days and wishing I had done more to make better memories of it. (SIGH) So, you wonder what she's up to at 10 months? Here it is, folks, an update of Urban Cowbaby's current talents;
- around 9 months she started saying Hi & waving hello! It's adorable and it's especially adorable when you leave the room for only a second because when you come back into the room she lights up and says HI! & waves. Her Hi is actually very soft and kind-of drawn-out - like, Hi-iii (but with a breathy quality to it)
- she stands for short periods of time without supporting herself with her hands
- she signs "all done" and "more"
- she loves, loves, loves to play "Pat-A-Cake"
- she enjoys dunking her face into the bath water over and over
- we play a little game where she pats both her hands on the floor in front of her, we do it back, and we "volley" the floor pats for minutes at a time
- her face simply explodes with light when her brother plays with her
- she takes naps by herself in her crib, twice a day
- she prefers finger food to puree food and prefers non-green food to other colors
- she blows raspberries on us; any time she has access to bare skin, she blows a raspberry on you! LOL
She still has a lot less hair than her brother did at this stage in life but she makes up for it with the adorable little pudge rolls she has that he never did. Her hair is a very light brown with a very red-cast to it. Her eyes are a very deep, smokey blue and are simply stunning. I keep trying to get a good picture to capture the color but seem to miss the mark every time. She has 8 teeth. She has a dimple on her right cheek that shows up far more frequently than Little Man's dimple did/does. I was in love with her the day she arrived but with each passing day, month, phase of growth I fall more and more in love with her.