Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sirius Radio

Y'all know about my Sirius Radio subscription, right?  I posted about it awhile back.  Anyhoo, I really, really like it but sometimes it makes me feel really, really old.  Like, there's the 90s channel where it not only gives the name/artist of the song but also lists the debut year.  I swear, at least 8 times out of 10 I see the year for a particular song and I am genuinely surprised because it doesn't seem (to me) like the song came out then.  A good example?  Hotstepper - 1994.  Really? I mean, it doesn't seem possible that the song came out in 1994 - it seems so much more recent than that but I guess I can't count being a sophomore in high school as a very recent life occurrence anymore, right.  Hahaha

Add that 90s station to my general life outlook right now and you should just put me in a nursing home.  Where did all these wrinkles on my face come from?  Why do my hands look like dried paper all the time?  When did I acquire a few spots of varicose veins?  Will my stomach ever be in a state that doesn't make me want to vomit when I see it in the mirror?  (this, I believe, is more due to kids than age but still!)  The list goes on!  I was telling my girlfriends the other week that 5 years ago I totally did not believe in cosmetic plastic surgery.  Now?  I'm not so sure.  I mean, if I had the money would I get some things "fixed"?  Yes.  If I'm truthful with myself, the answer is yes. 

I do enjoy my subscription and the music choices available.  Sometimes, though, I don't enjoy the reminder that I am (inevitably and unstoppably) getting older.  Hahaha

No comments: