Thursday, December 08, 2011

New recipes...

Recently I've been having good luck in the kitchen (when I have time) and have created some pretty yummy meals.  If you're interested, below is a casserole recipe I came up with and a emulsion I created:
FALL CASSEROLE
1 lbs of ground turkey
1 small onion
1 handful of steamed brussel sprouts, chopped.
Nutmeg & Ginger to taste
1/2 roasted butternut squash
2 tbsp butter
6 boiled potatoes (for mashing)
1/2 cup (approx) goat's milk
black pepper
Brown the ground turkey with onions, chopped brussel sprouts, nutmeg & ginger (to taste).  Layer on bottom of 8x8 or 8x10 baking dish.  Whip roasted butternut squash with butter.  Spread on top of turkey layer in baking dish.  Mash potatoes with goat's milk and black pepper - spread on top of butternut squash.  Bake in oven @ 350* for about 35 minutes.  Top will be slightly crispy.  Serve hot & enjoy!

EMULSION
1/2 or 3/4 cup red wine (not high quality, 3 day old wine leftover from weekend will work perfectly!), 3-4 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1/2 tbsp of worchestshire sauce.  Whisk together (repeatedly) and pour over meat - I used this on some fantastic Berkshire pork loin chops.  Mmmmmmm!  Don't use this on poultry or fish - it needs a stronger tasting meat to its own against the flavors of the wine and worchestshire sauce.  (Beef or Pork, my recommendation)  When I used this, I cooked the pork chops @ 375* for 35-40 minutes and also chopped an onion into wedges to be baked with the chops.  It was a big hit in our house, even Little Man enjoyed it!

No comments: