Thursday, November 20, 2008

Triumph of the Nerds


Urban Cowboy and I recently watched a PBS mini-series called "Triumph of the Nerds". Yes, it's exactly as dorky as its lable indicates; however, it is really interesting. Urban Cowboy pretty much runs the Netflix list and I just check on it occasionally to add movies I'm interested in. With this "Triumph of the Nerd" movie I had glanced at it when it was on the list and thought it had something to do with "Revenge of the Nerds" which I've never seen ... Urban Cowboy has a back-burner mission to help educate me on pop culture classics (like "Friday!" which I thought was pretty lame). I was very surprised when we popped in it in and I realized it is a documentary about the evolution of the personal computer. If you get a chance, you should check it out because it really was pretty good - you know, in a dorky kind-of way. (heehee)

No comments: