Thursday, May 29, 2008

Livin' the good life!


My weekend recap is a little late considering it's now almost the next weekend! Hahaha But I thought maybe y'all were wondering how Memorial Day weekend was since I talked about it so much in my previous post...I'm here to tell you that it was great!
The baseball game on Friday night was (brrrrr) cold! Urban Cowboy initially thought we were a bit crazy for even considering taking our winter coats with us but ended up being really happy we brought them with us. By the 5th inning we were both wearing our winter jackets and by the 7th inning I had a blanket (good thing we brought those, too) wrapped around my legs for extra warmth. The game was so, so, so long! It took them 4 hours and 20 minutes to play 9 innings and, really, there was no need. Our team was playing so terribly that the game had essentially been over since about the 4th inning when the score was 12 - 7. The final score? 13-9 ugh.
Saturday was yard work and house cleaning extraveganza before our Cinci-tucky guests arrived and we were feeling good about what we got done. I planted flowers, Urban Cowboy cleaned the patio and driveway, and we did lots of stuff inside the house, too. Once our Cinci-tucky friends arrived we dropped everything to hang out with them before taking them downtown to see a concert and after we dropped them off we finished up in the yard and relaxed on the couch. They thought the concert would be done around 8 but the feature act didn't even start until 9 so our dinner plans were altered and Urban Cowboy and I still decided to go out. We ended up at a great place we'd never been and ate yummy latin food. I'm eager to to back and try something different than what I had because it was all so good and everything on the menu sounded great to me.
Sunday Urban Cowboy made us his signature breakfast of Bacon/Egg/Cheese sandwiches on English Muffins and then we went to our 2nd baseball game of the weekend. I think our Cinci-tucky friends had a good time and the game was very interesting so that helps. Since the Cici-tucky Wife is pregnant, she was feeling pretty uncomfortable in the hard stadium seats by the 7th inning and by the top of the 9th she wanted to go so we left with them. I was sad to see them go but I hope they enjoyed their visit. I know we loved having them.
Sunday night we had friends over for a bbq (ok, just hamburgers/hot dogs) and it was super fun. Our awesome friends all brought yummy food to share and we even had an appearance of cornhole - which I'm sure our neighbors loved hearing since we played pretty late. Once it got too late to see in the front yard, they moved it to the driveway. :-) We had a fire and roasted marshmallows and it was just, like, the best time.
On Monday I got to spend time with my family and - drum roll, please - I even got an unsolicited hug from my 6 year old nephew who typically refuses to hug people. It was awesome! My sisters and I decided we're probably going to see SATC together so I have to call them to figure out a good time to do that. Maybe a Sunday matinee? Who knows?
Ah, so it really was a fantastic weekend filled with lots of quality time with people we care a lot about and doing fun things. It was the perfect summer kick-off weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What was the Latin place w/ the yummy food? I love food!