Wednesday, August 15, 2007

$2 is still worth something...


There's been a lot of talk about economic inflation and the decreasing value of the American dollar. I'm here to tell you that you can still get a lot of bang for your buck, you just have to say yes to opportunity! Example: my good friend Yllwdasies invited me to see a concert with her at an outdoor ampitheater venue; I really flip-flopped and almost talked myself out of it because I have a really long "to-do" list for getting our house in order. Finally, I said to myself, "Urban Cowgirl, you should go! It's a good time with a good friend and it's ONLY $2!" How often does a person have a chance to see a relatively famous artist...live, up-close and personal...for only $2? Not very often. I went to the concert and am so happy I did because it was great! The audience was really small and the venue was really intimate! We were practically on-stage with the artists! The first act, Zach, played acoustic (with a bit of electric thrown in) guitar and was really soulful and emotionally charged. He has good sound and radiated positive vibes. The second act, Steve Poltz, played acoustic guitar (with a bit of iPod piano thrown in) and was incredibly funny, witty, and clever! Steve Poltz has a great sense of humor and a slightly cynic life perspective which he projects through his music. His sound is fun and he is a bundle of excited energy. He told really funny stories, which made me laugh out loud, and sometimes said slightly scandalous thing, which also made me laugh out loud. By the way, if you don't already know, Steve Poltz is slightly famous for co-writing "You Were Meant for Me" with Jewel way back in her early days. How can you go wrong when you're with friends and laughing and feeling good? You just can't go wrong with that combo! Thanks to Yllwdasies for inviting me!!

No comments: