Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Ups & Downs

UP - Iris is potty trained!  She is very proud of herself and her new big girl panties.  Way to go, Iris!

DOWN - We were going to fix up Book's car to make it drivable/safe for me and the kids to ride around in while our car is in the shop but it turns out Book's car is going to cost a lot of money to fix up.  :-(  Only after he began to get cost estimates from the mechanics did he realize that the brake line is now completely shot which may mean the fuel line is too.  Ugh.  (SIGH) Now we are discussing the whole cost/benefit analysis of sinking the money into his 2000 Honda Civic with almost 200,000 miles on it or investing in a decent used car.  It's always something, isn't it?

UP - B3 has his 1st hockey game on Saturday morning!  He has no idea.  LOL  I mean, he knows he has a game but he hasn't quite grasped the whole win/lose concept (surprising considering how smart he is in so many other areas!) so it's not as though he's entering this game experience with a competitive drive.  Regardless, it is going to be a bunch of 4-6 year olds who have just learned to skate playing against a similar group.  I am sure it will be hilarious!

DOWN - The weather!  Look, people, I love (really love!) winter but we haven't been able to spend as much time outside due to the incredibly low temperatures and everyone is ready to be free of these 4 walls!  That said, we did get a ton of snow last night/today and the kids & I did get out and play and it felt so good!  Although, in fairness, I did a lot more shoveling than playing but they still had a great time and I was just happy to be outside.

UP: We took Iris ice skating for the first time on Friday.  She and B3 were almost exactly the same age for each of their first times on the ice!  Anyhoo, she had a blast and was pretty good for her first time.  Book even let go of her a few times and she didn't fall right away.  lol  There was no one at the rink with us (ok, only a few others) so we were able to get out the skating helper things (no idea what they are really called) and she liked being able to scoot around with it.  I'll leave you with some adorable pics of Iris & B3 skating!

Awww!

Mama!  Take a picture of my "hockey stop".

Rockin' it!

Can you tell she's having fun?

Miss Independent

Fun times on the ice!

I know, not an ice skating pic but he's having so much fun playing in the snow.
If you're still reading, I just want to quickly share a few B3isms ... 1) he says badana instead of banana - I know I should correct him but it's so cute and I haven't brought myself to yet, 2) he says am-ant when he is asking me things like "am-ant I a good skater, Mama" - of course, he should say "am I" but, again, it's so darn cute that I haven't been able to make a big deal out of it yet.  I know there was one other one I wanted to share but I can't think of it right now so that's that.

No comments: