Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Seriously? Grad School...

Ok, so this was in my work inbox today:

In response to an email message I received from my adviser, XXX, I am requesting assistance from Career Services.
I am nearing the end of my senior year and would like assistance with making application to graduate school.

At first I thought this person was an international student but looked up their information and they are not. I am concerned that this person wants to go to graduate school when they cannot a) spell advisor correctly and cannot form grammatically correct sentences.  I can only imagine what other errors I will encounter if this individual has to continue to communicate with me through writing and I cannot fathom how this person is even successfully earning a bachelor's degree with such poor writing skills.  This is an example of how society appears to reward mediocrity.

No comments: