Monday, February 01, 2010

Another Manic Monday?

Typically, I'm not a "Monday sucks" kind-of girl.  It is what it is.  It's another day with another to-do list and set of obligations of places to be.  For me, Mondays equal my first day of the work week.  Well, we had a roller-coaster weekend (lots of ups & downs) and I wasn't wholly prepared for this morning and, consequently, was quite stressed by the time I got to work.  Then, I got to work and my stress was increased by the bureaucratic/administrative crap that our new director seems to enjoy continuing to pile on us.  I guess I feel like it's more work for me because, truly, I'm doing my old full-time job in new part-time hours and really do not have the time.  Yes, I'm avoiding work as we speak thus wasting what little time I do have - clearly, my work ethic needs adjusted with the adjustment to part-time hours!  

Anyway, the point of all this is that from 7:00am I was was stressed and then, by 12:00pm I was released from my stress for a solid 45 minutes.  The source of my release?  A live concert given by the Biava Quartet.  I don't think it's possible to remain stressed in the presence of such a vibrant and talented quartet of string musicians.  Three of the musicians in the Biava Quartet are CIM graduates and were studying at CIM when I worked there.  It was truly a pleasure to see them perform again (this is the first I've seen them perform in 6 years ... I'm so old now!) and it is clear they continue to be dedicated and passionate about their craft.  So, now I'm not as stressed and I owe it all to thought and emotion provoking music played live by a group of amazing young musicians.  Thanks, Biava Quartet!

No comments: