Friday, April 25, 2008

Pepper-Lime Chicken

Yo, the dinner I made for L & I last night was delicious! The only thing missing was a crisp green salad and something small & sweet for dessert.

I grilled chicken breasts that I marinated in a Pepper-Lime marinade and they were fabulous! Moist, tangy, with a touch of spiciness from the ground pepper. Mmm, Mmm, good! If you want to make it just combine the following: 1 tsp lime zest, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 2 cloves garlic chopped, 1 tsp of all-purpose seasoning, 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1/3 cup lime juice and add the chicken and leave it marinate for as long as you want. Mine marinated for about 2 hours before I grilled it and the flavor was well represented in the cooked chicken.

For a side dish I made a warm black bean salad - so easy and so yummy. I just mixed a can of rinsed black beans with some corn and a 1/2 jar of salsa in a saucepot and cooked it until it was warmed through. When I served it I added a sprinkle of Cheddar-Jack shredded cheese and the result was a whole lotta yumminess on a plate!

1 comment:

yll said...

ok, ok, I'm going to lunch now. See what you've done?!?!

The only thing missin is a pic ;)