Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Shortbread Sweethearts


My very sweet friend gave Urban Cowboy and I a wonderful cookbook for a wedding present. It's called the Bride & Groom First and Forever Cookbook and it's full of all sorts of fancy and yummy recipes. I don't cook out of it too often, though, because many of the recipes are a tad more complex or involved than I typically have time for. I have about a dozen different recipes earmarked to try for the days I spend all afternoon in the kitchen. I am especially excited to use some of the recipes when I begin hosting holiday dinners at my house. One particular recipe I love from this cookbook is the recipe for Shortbread Sweethearts. The recipie is actually very simple to make and I almost always have all the ingredients on hand so I can make it any time I want. I made Shortbread Sweethearts last night to bring to my student staff meeting and the cookies were a huge hit! I wish I had a picture because they came out of the oven perfectly round and golden with bright pink sugar sprinkles baked in. Mmmm... I made half with the pink sugar and half with no sugar and I added chocolate icing on top. Of course, I wanted to make them heart shaped but my heart cookie cutter is much too large for the number of cookies I wanted to produce from the dough so, instead, I made perfect little 2 inch circles. Any shape, doesn't matter, they are still very tasty and were a huge hit with the students! Thanks to my very sweet friend for the lovely gift - it is truly a gift that keeps giving.

1 comment:

yll said...

You are like the perfect person to work in the field that you work in. B/c you truly care just THAT much, & are always doing things for your kids that I only think of doing, but then my laziness gets in the way!