Thursday, November 09, 2006

Dr. Pepper & Misc

Every once in a while I get really, really hooked on a pop - right now, I'm hooked on Dr. Pepper - and whenever this happens I: 1) deny my addiction, 2) feed my addiction, and 3) resolve to quit. My latest goal is to quit by Thanksgiving or December 1. I'm giving myself a bit of leeway regarding the exact date because a holiday weekend may be a tough time to stick to my resolve.

Well, the November election is over. I performed my civil duty and voted according to my conscience and, mostly, according to the information I studied regarding each issue. I was pleased with most of the results but I am a bit concerned about the issue regarding minimum wage increase for Ohio. I'm concerned it will spike unemployment rates, bump "cusp" families from being eligible for public aid, and will increase prices for consumers. I guess we can only wait and see how it all plays out. I'm also interested to see how the state plans to enforce the smoking ban. Again, we'll have to wait and see.

My fiance is in New York City - he was offered a new job and he took it! We're very excited because it's a step in the right direction for him, professionally speaking, and it means an increase in pay which means we're that much closer to buying a house. I hope he does some fun stuff while he's in the City and sees some of his friends from college who live in that area. Oh, and, don't worry, he's not in NYC forever - just until Thanksgiving because they're training him and then sending him to the newly opened Cleveland office. He's one of three people to be a part of the opening of this office and that's exciting, too! Good things happen to good people and he's the best person so this opportunity is great!

So, about my wedding dress. Since my mom is making it from scratch we have to find fabric. We went fabric shopping last weekend and thought we hit the jackpot until we came home and realized it was all wrong due to some color coordination issues with the bridesmaids dresses. ugh. I guess it's back to square one for us. Maybe I'll get some other wedding related "to-do" done this weekend ... I'll keep you updated.

Ok, I covered Dr. Pepper and Misc. so it's time for me to sign off. TTFN!

1 comment:

yll said...

I tried this "Jazz" stuff (it's diet Coke or Pepsi), flavored Strawberries & Cream. This stuff was soooo good. It was like a coke float made w/ Strawberry ice cream.

And congrats to the man! I'm so happy for you two & this new opportunity.